Last night I tuned into the Grammy Awards for the third year in a row. While I am usually pretty satisfied with the Grammys, this year's broadcast was a tad boring. There were several occasions when I flirted with the idea of changing the channel, or turning the television off altogether...yep, I was that bored. But I stuck with it! Mainly because I had already planned to share my favorite moments of this year's Grammys with you. And when it comes to my opinion, you know I'm all about sharing! In that spirit, my to 5 favorite moments of the 2013 Grammys were:
5. When American Idol Showed Us All Why It Is the Premier Singing Competition - No one can deny that American Idol has consistently turned out major superstars. Jennifer Hudson..Jordin Sparks...Clay Aiken...and two of the most successful contestants, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. Last night, both Kelly and Carrie demonstrated how they each beat out hundreds of thousands of aspiring singers to emerge as the American Idol. Both performances were amazing! Both of these women have beautiful and powerful voices, and last night, they SANG! Undeniable talent...Simon would be proud!
|Photo Credit: Kevin Winter/WireImage|
4. When Justin Timberlake Put On His Suit and Tie - I have no problem admitting that I was seriously bored with the Grammys until Justin Timberlake performed. I really like his new song, and I loved the energy he brought to the stage. And when my boy Jay-Z emerged from the audience and walked on the stage, the dope factor tripled. I also thoroughly enjoyed the band...especially the pianist who played like a Baptist church organist! By the way, where I can I get a copy of the second song JT sang? You know I love a good falsetto!
3. When Jay-Z Said What We Were All Thinking - Quick question: Who in the hell left the gate open and let TheDream attend the Grammys wearing his play clothes? Apparently TheDream has no friends, because friends don't let friends come to an event like the Grammys looking like...a mess. But leave it to my boy Jay-Z to keep it real and say what everyone was thinking. "I want to thank the swap meet for his hat!" Yesssssss Mr. Carter! Please stand on that stage with your fresh tuxedo and, in the words of JT, show TheDream a few things!
|Photo Credit: Wire Images|
2. When the Thigh Walked on Stage Attached to J.Lo - We all know that Jennifer Lopez is no stranger to the red carpet. And we all know that J. Lo is famous for consistently shutting down said carpet. Well, Jenny From the Block did not disappoint last night! J. Lo donned an Anthony Vaccarello number that was cut to show her entire right leg...this dress instantly gave me life! And I wasn't the only one (cut to Drake and Jay-Z drooling)! And just in case you weren't paying attention, J. Lo made sure everyone knew that she was abiding by the Grammy dress code...while showcasing that
|Photo Credit: Getty Images|
1. When the Purple One Blessed Us With His Presence - This was by far my favorite moment of the Grammys. Did you all see how he sauntered onto the stage like only Prince can?! No one is as cool as this guy! Honestly, I can't even remember which award he was handing out...it doesn't even matter. Because Prince was in the building! Yessssss!