So...this past weekend, the Stud and I had our very first date/outing since Mini Me's arrival. We decided that we would do some shopping, get pedicures, and have lunch, so we ventured out to one of our favorite restaurants, Bonefish Grill. One of the many things I love about Bonefish Grill are their seasonal martinis. In fact, the first martini that I showcased here on the Chronicles was courtesy of Bonefish Grill. That martini was great, and so is this one! The Cucumber Watermelon Martini is just in time and perfect for the summer. It combines the sweet taste of watermelon with the refreshing taste of cucumber-infused vodka. It may seem like an odd combination, but the watermelon and cucumber compliment each other beautifully. Now, you're going to need 3 days to infuse the vodka, so plan accordingly. Enjoy!
1 Bottle of Your Favorite Vodka
2 Fresh Cucumbers, Pealed and Sliced
1/4 Cup of Sour Mix
1 Cup of Fresh Diced Watermelon
Frozen Watermelon Cubes (For Garnish)
1. In a large bowl, soak cucumber slices in Vodka and Sour Mix.
2. Cover and Refrigerate.
1. Check out this month's great posts from the Martini Chronicles, such as:
2. Freeze your watermelon cubes.
1. In a martini shaker, muddle 1 cup of diced watermelon for about 1 minute.
2. Add infused vodka and ice. Shake!
3. Strain mixture into a chilled martini glass.
4. Garnish with frozen watermelon cubes.